What Documents must I Present when Travelling with Minor Child


This post is based on Canadian Government’s information. “I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?”

So when one parent travels with minor child without the spouse. He/She must have the following documents:

You must present the following documents:

  • 1: A copy of the child’s birth certificate

  • 2: A letter of authorization signed by the parent who is not travelling, containing their address and telephone number, in English or French if possible, and

  • 3: A photocopy of the non-accompanying parent’s signed passport or national identity card

For more details information, please read Canadian CIC official website.

Canadian Government also provided a consent letter template here.


Site QR Code